New setup available:http://buddy.propilkki.info/lataa
Changed where PP2Buddy saves the settings. Once again, please install to different directory that setup provides.
Make sure that directory has read/write permission.
Tested: Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit and Windows XP 32-bit.
Some improvements in teamplay results listing:
I´ve been developing a little Pro Pilkki 2 utility and now it´s time to release a beta version to the public.
You can download it from there:http://buddy.propilkki.info/lataa
A few words about this program:
1) Even though the setup program offers traditional programs directory (c:\program files...) as a installation target,
you should change it to another drive to avoid any problems (especially Vista/Windows 7 users because of UAC)
2) In some cases, if program refuses to start and windows claims that program isn`t configured right, you should install Visual Studio 2010 runtime distributable package cause it´s not included in setup and PP2Buddy is developed using Visual Studio:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84
3) After installation when you start PP2Buddy first time, it asks to locate PRoPilkki2.exe executable. Just find ProPilkki2 installation directory and select "ProPilkki2.exe".
4) Only supported version is 0.8.
5) In order to use so called "TeamPlay" feature, you have to make sure that Pro Pilkki 2 log-writing is turned on. This is because the results calculation is based completely on PP2 log.
6) When you start PP2Buddy and your firewall alerts that PP2Buddy wants to connect to internet, there is nothing to afraid of
It´s not a spyware and just tries to download finnish/world records from Kaizzu:s website :
( thanks to Kaizzu from that http://www.kailehtinen.com/pp2-records/kaikkime.htm
7) Even thought i´ve been done alot of testing, it´s still early beta
and i´d appreciate if the bugs/feature requests is sent to email: [email protected]
8 ) PP2Buddy has a built-in localization support. At the moment, there is only 2 languages supported: finnish (built-in) and english.
If you were interested about localizing PP2Buddy to another languages, don´t hesitate to contact me and i´ll send you instructions
A few screenshots:
ProPilkki 2 network games (same list as ProPilkki when you join to network game):
Parse ProPilkki2 log:
Records (log records and Kaizzu`s world/finnish records)