Chat

Author Topic: Running game on linux  (Read 7278 times)

zivs

• View Profile
Running game on linux
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:13:51 »
Hello suomi fishermans!  :evil:

A friend of mine gave me a link to this game, said that it's just perfect for having an "illegal breaks" at work and fun and easy to play the game in general. So I've tought, heck, why not to give a try for it, but sadly it's pretty much impossible because of game having no linux client and running it only with DirectX software (which linux doesn't really support that well) ( Oh, yeah, I'm linux freak :D ) ...

My question is will there be an option to use OpenGL settings (so "alternative fishers" like me could atleast emulate this game) or what could be even more better - a linux client?

Cheers & greets & Ne asakas! (in latvian)  :roll:

Mikko_-Procyon-

• Veronkiertäjä
  • Mikkonator
  • Ei tunnu missään!
    • View Profile
    • Propilkki 2
Vs: Running game on linux
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:12:13 »
We have not OpenGL support yet. It would be nice to have, but there is more other things to do first. I hope that we manage to do it sometimes, many people have asked for it.
Henri Poincare: "Tiede on faktoja; aivan kuten talot tehdään kivistä on tiede tehty faktoista; mutta kivikasa ei ole talo eikä kokoelma faktoja ole välttämättä tiedettä."

http://kalassa.net/mikkoprocyon/

phreonua

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 15:04:41 »
I'l try to run game under the wine -  one time game start normally and next time game freeze.
Under Cedega(WineX) i have a trouble with the fonts in game, and sometimes game freezes too.

zivs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 18:36:41 »
Haven't followed lately the game developement, so maybe I will ask something what is already answered (and solved?) - How are the things with linux client and/or OpenGL support going on?  :roll: Still there are times when I want to play the game at work and home, but since I don't have Windows OS, it's kinda hard to do - game crashes, freezes and acts strange under any kind of emulation (wine, cedega, even crossover office, lol) ... :(

Make penguins happy! :)

Kre

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Running game on linux
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 22:36:48 »
Until the game doesn't have OpenGL support it will crash eventualy - you know that... one option you could consider is to emulate a small version of a win OS, or, option two - just make a dual boot on your machine.  :|
And BTW if you real want the OpenGL support the authors and donate some money!  :wink:

Riboed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 18:33:23 »
On the set Ylmf OS 3.0 (created in China-based operating system Ubuntu 10.04 with the interface is very reminiscent of Interface Windows XP) ProPikki2 0.8 installed and no problems running under Wine. :-)
http://xmages.net/show.php/1529244_snimok-png.html

center>